Sunday, March 15, 2009

hiking? no. climbing? yes.

So..hiking...more like climbing a stinkin mountain!  
Which I did!  I climbed a mountain!
It was pretty intense, and I'm not going to lie- I cried most of the way up! haha! I was so scared, but Stephen was really encouraging, and ultimately I'm glad I made it as far as I did. But I'm proud of Stephen, he made it all the way to the snow that covered the top! Whoa!
SO after climbing a mountain we just relaxed the rest of the day. We walked around and saw where some of harry potter was filmed! Pretty cool!
Then we were off to Ambleside, Cumbria. This is where things got interesting... We stayed in a youth hostel. Which is completely opposite of the nice bed and breakfasts we had been staying in. I had to put my own sheets onto a mattress that was pretty gross...you would understand if you knew how much I hate mattresses. But that was the only traumatizing part! The best part was being next to the water and feeding the ducks in the morning! Stephen even fed a big swan. I'll post a video of it later! We also saw Dove Cottage, where William Wordsworth lived and wrote some of his famous poetry.
Finally we left Cumbria..
We stopped in Liverpool and went to the Beatles museum before heading on to Caernarfon!  Which is the capital of the welsh language in the United Kingdom.  I'm still not sure how they pronounce double letters- like dd and tt...it's beyond me! It was our last night and we were all ready to be back in London. On the way home we toured the Caernarfon Castle, which made Stephen's day! Then a few hours later we walked through the Coventry Cathedral which was bonbed by the nazi's... It was the shell of the church, but it was absolutely beautiful! 

Then we made it home! It was sort of bittersweet driving into London and being stuck in traffic after being in such beautiful country for so long! I loved the mountains, castles, and LOADS of sheep! But i'm also glad to be back. 

Catherine and Crystal are visiting now! I got to eat dinner and see them last night. Today we are going to Covent Garden and Camden Market!  It's a relief to have my friends here! 

I love you all, I'll be in 6 weekss!!!  yaaayyy!

No comments: