Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cat is right...

I definitely need to update! hah
Last week my Natural History class went to the Natural History Museum! Doesn't that make sense? hah. We had to answer a lot of questions as we went through the museum, so we didn't get to look at everything (like the gift shop!) but that's ok, i'll go back! I did get to see the dinosaurs, which was pretty cool. It was also mine and Stephen's first time to ride the tube at Russell Square. We've done it a couple of times since then.
Thursday I didn't have any class, but we went and saw the play Where There's a Will at the Rose Theater in Kingston. It was directed by Peter Hall who founded the Royal Shakespeare Company and directed the Royal National Theater. It was about infidelity and lies and quite entertaining. But, sadly, it is hard to compare to Wicked or Hairspray...both of which have catchy tunes on their side. 
On Friday Ashley, Stephen, and I went to a pub called Cittie of Yorke. Stephen's friends who came on this trip last year said it was their favorite place to hang out so we went and ate lunch there. After that we ventured out to the Camden Markets! It was exactly what i've been looking for! There were crafts stalls all over the place and so much to see. It started to get super cold while we were there so we headed back to Endsleigh. Freezing rain started to come down after we got back to Euston. Later on a big group of us went out in search of Freebirds Burritos! (despite the cold!) We had been told they existed in London, and I had found an address online, so we were sure it would work out...too bad it didn't.  There was no Freebirds to be found. We all stood at the intersection where it should be and moped for awhile before going our separate ways.  A small group of us ended up at the Rain Forest Cafe! Which was almost as good (not) as Freebirds.  Still it was fun restaurant and we enjoyed ourselves. 
On Saturday Stephen and I went to Covent Garden. It's probably one of my favorite areas! There are street performers who will actually strip down to their under pants to get a crowd! Then they do crazy things like walk on a tight rope, or ride a unicycle thats at least 6 ft. tall! Then they ask for your money. haha. That's how it works. We also ate waffles! Here they are sold on the street like you'd get a snow cone in the States! They are warm and smell absolutely delicious! I got chocolate on mine, it was great! Covent Garden is also full of tons of shops! I really like browsing, but I have to keep telling myself that I don't need to shop! 
Stephen and I ended up back down in Camden that night for a cheap chinese dinner. Stephen liked it, but I wasn't that impressed. It didn't taste anything like Little Panda. :(  
...I miss Abilene...
On Sunday I went to Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church, where the preacher was very good...and female! The service was similar to the one at Westminster. We spoke out loud, stood up and sat down, and repeated. (just not as much, and there was less formality) After church I made myself lunch then headed to Boots, which is like CVS. I needed some medicine to help me get to bed before 2 am. There I met an American Pharmacist who was in line in front of me. He told them what I needed, and I got a Nytol, which he explained to me has the same active ingredient as Tylenol PM! Thank Goodness!!!  So Sunday night I went to bed at 8 pm and slept til 7 am Monday morning!! It was great.

Monday Monday Monday...They are always hard.
But taking notes in the rain and cold for a few hours with no umbrella between Stephen and I makes Monday harder. I've learned that pen doesn't write well on soaked paper, and that we aren't allowed to record our lectures. My north face jacket kept me warm and dry but the water fell right off my hood and onto my notebook! So Monday morning was rough. That afternoon I had my art class.  Stephen and I along with 3 other students decided to follow Dr. Landwer to class and take the bus, instead of the tube. We were 30 minutes late to class after giving up on the bus and taking the tube anyway. But art is definitely my favorite class! Imagine that!
That night Stephen and I bought our tickets to Germany! We are going to visit Almut, an exchange student who stayed with Stephen's family when he was in high school. We will be there April 9 thru 12th. 

Now it's Tuesday. I'm ready, waiting til I have to leave for my theater class. Today we are touring Shakespeare's Globe Theatre! It should be awesome! I'll take lots of pictures! 
...And i'll try to update sooner rather than later...
Love you all,
Cari 


No comments: