Monday, February 2, 2009

SNOOOW DAYY!

Why Hello!
It has been a few days since I posted so I have a bit to catch up on!

Stephen mentioned going to Cambridge on Friday! It was absolutely beautiful! I ate my first omelet and did some shopping at a local market. I got a really precious brooch. 

On Saturday Stephen, Ashley, and I went to the British Museum. Then later on I went out with some of the girls on the trip for a girls night! We had a lot of fun! 

Sunday morning the whole group of us went to church at Westminster Abbey! It was a very traditional service, similar to a catholic service. It was absolutely beautiful! The choir, which hit some very high notes, was composed of little boys to men! I'm glad I finally got to go inside Westminster! It's hard to just get to see the outside, and later on I believe our group is going on an actual tour! So I'm looking forward to it! 
After church Stephen and I went to lunch at a pub down the street from our flats. We both got burgers, which I have since decided to not eat anymore while in London! The reason is that a burger to them is a piece of meat loaf in a bun! It's not very good at all. So sad. 
Sunday was also Chinese New Years, but it was so cold that we decided not to go out. 

Monday was a great day! Me and Ashley had stayed up late Sunday night watching CSI and the snow that started to come down, and knew we'd be tired and extremely cold the next morning on our British Culture walking tour. Thank goodness Dr. Landwer called us before we'd really woken up and informed up we had a snow day!  So we went right back to sleep! It ended up being the worst snow London had had in 18 years! I only got out once to go to the grocery store, and it was absolutely stunning how everything was covered in white!

I was holding out that class would be cancelled today also, but it wasn't. Walking to class was interesting, most of the snow had frozen overnight. 

Well its dinner time now, it's crazy how fast the days fly by.
Love you all,
Cari


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is in serious need of an update Ms. Ritchie!

Love,
Cat