Friday, February 13, 2009

stonehenge..

Good evening! (haha it's only 4:30 back home)
It's late here, 11:40, but I thought I'd update before I forgot! ...which would happen...

Tuesday we went to Shakespeare's Globe Theater! Our tour so was much fun! Later on that night we went to see Othello. Practically everyone dies. 

Wednesday I went to my Natural History class, then I tagged along with the Beatles music class. We went on a field trip and saw Ringo's flat, and where they filmed the beginning of the movie A Hard Day's Night. (youtube A Hard Day's Night part one and you'll see where we went!) We also went to many other places including Abbey Road. 

On Thursday we had no class.  Ashley and I took our laundry to a cleaners. (We went and picked them up today, it was a success, we got everything back! hooray!)  Then that night our whole group went on a Jack the Ripper tour led by Ronald Rumbelow, one of our British Culture professors. (His wife, Molly, is our other prof) The tour was fun, and scary! We heard about all the murders and went to the spot where one of the women were found. It's the only spot that's still around, the others have been changed and updated. To comment on the weather- this tour happened in the frozen rain!! It was the coldest I've ever been! 

Today we had a day trip to Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral.  It was a very amazing day!
I don't know where I heard that Stonehenge was created by aliens, but I did.  I was wrong.  
We then headed to Salisbury. Our first stop was the Salisbury Cathedral. It was huge and absolutely gorgeous!  In one of the smaller chapels of the cathedral was one of the four existing Magna Carta!  It was neat to see the original, and Stephen loved it!  Stephen and I then walked around the town, ate at a local shop, and went through an antiques shop.  Then it was time to hop back on the bus and head home. 

Tonight I've stayed in...mainly to upload pictures and talk to yall! 
I started at 4:30 and it's 6:00 now..haha...i've been watching TV. Blame BBC for playing old american shows like Will and Grace, Charmed, and CSI. (I love all now. I actually can't wait for Charmed to come on, me and Ashley are really into it.) 

Ok love you all,
Cari

No comments: