Thursday, February 19, 2009

going to see the Queen..

Why hello..
It's Thursday and I'm sitting by myself in my flat. Ashley has gone to Rome. I'm glad to have some time to myself, it's relaxing. Things have been rather crazy this past month....with coming here, trying to not be homesick, and learning to adjust. I told someone the other day that I don't really feel like I'm in London anymore! haha! The "newness" of most of it has worn off and I'm just enjoying the city. (Knowing I'll probably never live anywhere like this ever again.) It's also weird to me that 1/3 of it is over. I'm trying to take stock of everything i've done to make sure I'm getting every experience I can. 

I definitely miss home still. I'm sad I'm not around to help mom and dad with the new house. I'm sad I'm not there for Jena and her transitions. I guess that's what happens when you live far away. You miss out on all the "fun family stuff." Now, i'm not crying over all of this, because I know i'll get home to a beautiful new house, and to my family. I'm more excited about going home, knowing I still have time here, but it is always nice going home. 

Now, to more boring things- like what's happening in London. 
We went and saw War Horse at the National Theater. It is my absolute favorite! I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it is! 
I got my hair cut! I spent 15 pounds at Mr. Toppers. haha! It was a hole in the wall kind of place, but it looks good. It's cut short and I like it!
My Natural History class went to the Linnaen Society. It's named after Carl Linnae, who was the man to give everything it's scientific name. We got to see his books and specimens that the society bought years ago from his family. 

Now it's our "four day weekend," which is funny because every weekend is a four day weekend! 
Stephen's friend from super summer a few years ago is coming to visit. She is studying in Madrid, I think. She will be in town tomorrow, and we will be doing some touristy things with her. Then...my family is coming to visit the next weekend!! I'm beyond excited! 

Well that's about it for now. I need to get ready so Stephen and I can go see Buckingham Palace, because I think it's nuts we've been here for a month and haven't seen it yet. Right?

Right.
Cari

No comments: