Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I twisted my ankle haha

So Oxford was so fun!! We had to leave really early to get to Paddington for our train. It was rough. But we made it with plenty of time to spare and i got to eat the best bagel i've ever had! So it was worth it! hah! 

I'm going to let Stephen post something about all the Tolkien sites we saw! We had so much fun! 

So this week has been pretty laid back. Stephen and I went to Temple Church on Sunday. The Knights Templar built it and there are knights buried in it! On Monday we walked across London Bridge for class and went to the Old Operating Theatre. There we saw the operating room where they did operations without anesthesia. eek. They also explained how they amputated, and even "showed" us! (thank goodness I wasn't picked!) After that I went to the Tate Modern for art class. I got to see so many pieces that I've studied! I love it!

Well Tuesday I went to Kensington Palace. I got to see some of Princess Diana's dresses! It was absolutely amazing! Then I walked through Kensington Park and saw the Peter Pan statue I've been wanting to see! After all that it was time to buckle down and study for my theatre final on Wednesday.

Now it's Wednesday! I sort of fell this morning and twisted my ankle badly. :( and an hour later I had to take my final. Needless to say it's hard to get around, and...I'm going to Germany tomorrow! Haha, terrible luck. But I am going. I can walk on it good enough so i'll just take ibuprofen!  I am very excited about Germany! Stephen and I are going to head out to Heathrow late tonight and stay there until we can check in at 5:15. The tube doesn't start until 5:30 so we wouldn't have time to go in the morning. It'll be an adventure staying overnight in the airport! Almut and her sister are picking us up once we make it! Pray that we get some sleep! haha

I'll update after Germany!
Love you all,
Cari
 

1 comment:

Cara Beth said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you twisted your ankle. Want me to mail you some muscle relaxers? HA! Get better!